• COVID-19 UPDATE 3/20/20


    Good afternoon,

    First and foremost, I hope this message finds you and your family healthy and in good spirits. I never imagined we would find ourselves in a situation like this! I will do my best to address some questions you may have regarding our upcoming auditions, although unfortunately there are still so many unknowns. 
    Applications will continue to be accepted digitally. Please email the paperwork packet to kelsey.bush@biloxischools.netEven if you are waiting on a physical, please email me everything else! I understand this situation has caused missed appointments, and some were counting on the upcoming free school physical. This is something we can address with athletics at a later date. 
    Please email this information to me no later than Friday, April 17th. If we are able to return to school, this will allow us to hit the ground running with the audition process.
    If we are able to return from school, I would like to schedule tryouts as soon as possible (this would be the ideal situation). We would still plan on a two-day clinic before the tryouts, but I will refrain from setting exact dates only because our timeline is so unknown. 
    If school closures extend beyond April 17, we will look into a virtual tryout. Varsity and other brands we partner with have offered these services to keep us on track. Personally, I would much rather have tryouts in person, but I understand that this scenario may ultimately be best for our team.
    Our original plans to attend summer camp at MSU June 1-4 are currently on hold. Right now, Varsity has canceled all their events for at least the next 8 weeks. Also, MSU has postponed their commencement ceremonies and other on campus events. If facilities are available for UDA camps this summer, it is possible we could look into a later date this summer. However, we are not sure when MHSAA will approve for practices and events to resume. With practice time and finances being limited, it may be best to spend any practice time we get focusing on game day material and having choreographers come to us to teach themed pep rally routines.
    Please know that none of these decisions come lightly. It pains me to cancel or even postpone anything. I know some of my dancers will be entering their senior season, and I want to give each team member the best possible experience. I also know right now our health and safety take priority over everything. As we make decisions moving forward, I will keep the bigger picture in mind, as well as what is best for my dancers and their families.
    I will continue to send out updates as information comes in. I will also post this information to my teacher webpage. If you are not signed up for the Audition Remind texts, please let me know and I will add you.
    Thank you,
    Ms. Bush


    Comments (-1)