North Bay Elementary School Military Point of Contact - Jordan Roland, Social Worker
Transition Planning for Military Families at North Bay
- Identify yourself as Active Duty when you register at our school
- Contact our SMPOC, firstname.lastname@example.org and set up a conference or meeting if necessary.
- Join our PTO and become involved, NorthBayPTO@gmail.com.
- Check our website for links and resources.
Academic Planning for Military Families at North Bay
- Stay in contact with your child's teacher
- Identify any areas of concern with the SMPOC email@example.com.
- Ask about our CREATE program https://www.biloxischools.net/domain/189
- Teachers, Academic Strategist and Social Worker are available to discuss any concerns.
Military students face unique challenges when it comes to mental health. Mental health services can be obtained by contacting our North Bay School Military Point of Contact, Jordan Roland. There are also many online resources to learn about the mental health challenges of military students. We have a few listed here.
- Unique Challenges
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Experts Explain Mental State of Military Children
- Trauma Faced by Children of Military
- Military Child Education Coalition