The Biloxi School District supports the philosophy that instructional program is the most vital part of formal education. Therefore, this letter is to inform you of some changes in the attendance policy for the 2022/2023 school year. Consequences of Excessive absences are as follows:
- There (3) days --- Parental Contact
- Five (5) days --- Reported to the State Attendance Officer/Parental Contact
- Twelve (12) days ---Adminstrative Review, 50 (F) in all classes missed/year, (Student will NOT be promoted to the next grade) Parent/guardian can be charged. After the 12th day students may be required to attend Saturday school to make-up the days missed.
These guidelines can be found on page 8-9 of the Student Handbook.
There have also been changes made to our Tardy Policy.
As of Monday, August 15th 2022, any student arriving to school after 7:25am will be issued a tardy. (Unless the student has a medical excuse from a doctor). Even those students who get out of the car in the car-rider line after 7:25am will be issued a tardy.
Excessive absences, tardies, and early check-outs will be reported to the attendance officer for referral to Family Court. The tardy consequences are as follows:
- First Tardy --- Warning
- Second Tardy --- Warning
- Third Tardy --- Warning
- Fourth Tardy --- Student assigned before/after school detention (to account for missed instructional time)
- Fifth Tardy ---Student assigned before/after school detention (to account for missed instructional time)
- All succeeding tarties --- Other desciplinary action or placement on the discipline ladder. (Possible placement in ISR).