Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Jordan Roland and I am the school social worker at North Bay Elementary. I am excited to be joining this wonderful school and community this year. After graduating from Biloxi High School in 2012, I attended the University of Southern Mississippi where I received both my Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Social work. My husband Brett and I have been married for 4 years and have two beautiful children named Hayden and Carter who keep us very busy with cheer, tumbling, t-ball etc. My role is to be here as a support to all of the students and the teachers at North Bay Elementary. My job is to work alongside teachers, students & their families to address any problems or concerns that may get in the way of a student’s school success.
Some of the services I provide include:
- Assessing a student’s overall well-being, including any potential mental health needs.
- Behavior Modification services
- Crisis Intervention services
- Communication and consultation with the student, their families, the student’s teachers, and other support services in order to monitor the student’s success.
- Identifying barriers that may be hindering your student’s education and or connecting the family with community resources to ensure basic needs such as food, shelter and clothing are being met.
- Psychoeducation for parents and teachers.