P-EBT Update as of February 9, 2023
The deadline for requesting an address update or eligibility review for the 2022 round of P-EBT is Wednesday, March 1st, 2023. Requests that have already been submitted through the P-EBT call center will continue to be reviewed and resolved as quickly as possible. You can contact the P-EBT call center at 1-833-316-2423, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
P-EBT Update as of September 2022
P-EBT Customer Service Information
- Families will be able to chat with a P-EBT customer service agent beginning September 19.
- The P-EBT customer service chat function is available on the PEBT webpage at www.mdhs.ms.gov/pandemic-ebt-p-ebt/
- A customer service chat representative will be able to help parents with the following P-EBT benefits questions and concerns:
- How eligibility is determined.
- The amount of benefits an eligible child will receive.
- Other information about how the P-EBT program works and what to expect.
- Updated 2022 P-EBT FAQs are available on the MDHS website.
- MDHS encourages parents to review the FAQs and utilize the chat function prior to calling the call center.
- The P-EBT call center is now open and can be reached at 1-833-316-2423.
- Customer service support regarding individual student eligibility and address corrections will be available after cards have been issued in October.
Helpful P-EBT Facts
- The 2020-21 round of P-EBT has ended. Client concerns that were submitted through the P-EBT call center by May 15 were reviewed, and any issues that could be resolved were completed.
- P-EBT hotline is opening with an initial group of about 25 call center staff. They can be reached at 1-833-316-2423 Monday–Friday, 8:30 am–4:30 pm.
- Beginning in October, the PEBT call center will be fully staffed with approximately 150 customer service personnel.
Important Card Information
- MDHS anticipates the issuance of new cards in October 2022.
- MDHS encourages parents to use their remaining funds on existing P-EBT cards by September 30.
- Once new P-EBT cards are issued, the remaining benefits will be transferred to the child's new P-EBT card.
Parent FAQs about P-EBT Cards
What do I need to do to receive P-EBT benefits for my child?
There is nothing you need to do at this time. MDHS receives a list of eligible children and automatically mails cards to those children. Around the beginning of October, you can call the call center to check to see if your child was listed as eligible.
What happens to the money that was left on my P-EBT card?
If you have a remaining balance on your child's old P-EBT card, those benefits will be transferred to your child's new P-EBT card.
We recently moved to a new address. Will my P-EBT card be sent to my new address?
Beginning in early October, our call center can verify the address on file for your child and accept address update requests for review.
As of 3/15/2022
Mississippi is in the planning process for another possible round of P-EBT benefits for school year 2021-22 and summer 2022 if authorized by the federal government.
To be eligible to receive these benefits, children must qualify for free or reduced-priced meals under the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs.
To prevent delays in receiving any new P-EBT benefits, please make sure that you have submitted an application for free or reduced-priced meals by April 29, 2022. Please submit only one application with all household members listed.
If you have already completed a meal application form for SY 2021-22, there is no need to submit another one.
You should also make sure that your mailing address is up to date with your child's school.
For an overview of the P-EBT program, please go to this link: https://www.mdhs.ms.gov/pandemic-ebt-p-ebt/
For P-EBT faqs: https://www.mdhs.ms.gov/pandemic-ebt-p-ebt/p-ebt-faq/
The P-EBT hotline: 1-833-316-2423
Address changes: parents must contact the call center (see above phone number) and be directed to the school district. The district cannot initiate these changes.
Check student eligibility: if your child is not listed as eligible, the call center will take your information and contact the district for verification.
Non-working card: school districts do not issue P-EBT cards and are unable to assist with card issues. Parents must contact the call center.