Biloxi High School Choral Department
2020 – 2021 Choir Syllabus
Teacher: Mrs. Jennifer Scrimpshire
- The students will learn basic musical theory
- The students will learn how to clap basic rhythm patterns
- The students will learn how to sight sing - rhythms and pitches
- The students will learn proper performance etiquette
- The students will sing multiple genres of choral music.
Grading: A=90-100 B=80-89 C=70-79 D=65-69 F=below 65 I=incomplete
Grading follows the policies of Biloxi Public Schools. A mid-term progress report and a report card following the end of each term are issued.
Tests and Grades:
- The students will have daily bellwork to be turned in at the end of each week
- The students will get daily grades based on their participation in class
- The students will be tested periodically throughout the term on materials in each unit
- If the student chooses to retest, the student must come in for extra lessons two days after school for 30 minutes each. These days will be agreed upon by the teacher and the student.
- Regular and prompt attendance and preparation
- Enthusiastic participation in class discussion and activities
- Completion of all assignments
- 1” BLACK 3 ring binder
- 1 pack of pencils
- 2 highlighters
- Loose leaf paper