In the past, our schools sent home loads of flyers in students’ backpacks. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly and to embrace innovative technology, we are moving from paper to a digital flyer delivery.With our Peachjar eflyer program, the eflyers will be sent directly to parents’ email inboxes as well as posted on school websites for easy access. All flyers may be accessed by clicking on the logo. Each year, our schools will save tons of paper and reduce copy costs by thousands of dollars. In addition, paperless delivery of school flyers removes a significant administrative burden from teachers, office staff, and volunteers. School and school district-approved eflyers will keep you informed about upcoming school activities, programs, and events. And our children's backpacks will be a little bit lighter!Biloxi Public Schools partners with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities that enrich, engage, and enliven the educational experience for students, families, and staff. To facilitate this exchange of information, we implemented Peachjar, an online eflyer service, and will no longer accept paper flyers for distribution to our students. This service is free to Biloxi Public Schools. There will be a small fee charged to outside organizations to use this service.Discontinuing paper flyers is more fiscally and environmentally responsible, more efficient, and embraces innovative technology. E-flyers will now be emailed directly to parents’ inboxes, viewable on our app, and posted online for easy access to information about approved community and district programs, events, and educational opportunities.To request eflyer approval:
Biloxi Public Schools Guidelines for flyers:BPS will generally approve the distribution of an eflyer that:
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register for an account.
- Upload pdf flyer for approval.
- BPS staff will review the content and approve or deny based on standards below.
- Promotes an educational experience for students, families, caregivers, and BPS staff, a healthy use of leisure time, a special enrichment opportunity, or an activity that engages students and families in the community.
- Provides information or promotes activities aligned with the mission of the district, directly benefits students, or be of intrinsic value to students and families.
BPS will NOT approve the distribution of an eflyer that:
- Promotes, publicizes or provides materials for projects, activities or programs of a particular church, religious organization or religious viewpoint.
- Is not appropriate for students.
- Solicits funds or services for an organization unless authorized by Board policy.
- Does not align with the mission of the Biloxi Public School District.
- Promotes commercial enterprises unless there is a direct benefit to Biloxi Public Schools.