Señora Jill Necaise
Biloxi High School Spanish 2, 3, and 4
¡Bienvenidos a la clase de español! I am looking forward to this school year, and I hope that we have an enjoyable class together. I have devised the following set of procedures to go along with the class rules to ensure that our class is an environment of safety and of learning.
- One 3-ring binder (dividers for bell work, vocabulary and grammar, and classwork)
- Loose leaf paper
- Dark blue or black pen and/or pencil (preferred)
Grading: A=90-100 B=80-89 C=70-79 D=65-69 F=below 65 I=incomplete
Grading follows the policies of Biloxi Public Schools. A mid-term progress report and a report card following the end of each term are issued.
TO BEGIN CLASS
- Class begins when you enter the room. Sit in your assigned seat daily. Complete the bell work on the board. You are responsible for making up bell works you miss when absent. Bell work will not be collected; random open-note tests will be given on the bell work.
- Please make sure pencils are sharpened and supplies are acquired before the bell rings. I do not have supplies to provide for you.
- You are tardy for class if you are not in the room when the bell stops ringing. You will be reported to pupil accounting.
- Please raise you hand and sit quietly to ask/answer a question, to comment, or to ask for permission to get out of your desk. Do not blurt out questions or answers. Please make sure you know how to ask in Spanish before you raise your hand.
- You are responsible for all make-up work when absent. Refer to the “Cuando no estás aquí” file for make-up work and returned papers in the appropriate class folder. If I have taken a grade in your absence, you will receive a grade of “1” indicating that you can turn in work for full credit within five weekdays of returning to school. After this time, you will receive a late grade of 65. Extended time can be granted with the teacher’s approval.
- Work turned in to me must be written in dark blue or black ink or pencil only. The use of white out is prohibited. Your Spanish name and your last name must be on your paper.
- Work is due at the beginning of class on the due date. Your grade will decrease by one letter grade for each day the assignment is late. If you receive a zero for an assignment and complete it late, you can submit your work for a maximum grade of 65.
- If you are caught cheating on an assignment, you will receive a grade of zero.
- Use of an online translator is considered cheating and will earn a grade of zero.
- Please do not talk when announcements are made over the intercom.
- Writing on the desk will result in a detention to come in and clean all of the desks.
- Students will not be given permission to leave the classroom except in cases of emergency or if called to the office. If permission is granted, the student must sign out and use the proper hall pass.
- Cell phones will not be used in class.
- A variety of activities will compose activity grades, including música miércoles, Destinos, Duolingo (possible test grades), as well as speaking, writing and reading assignments.
- Please do not try to anticipate the bell to end class. I will tell you to “Guarden sus cosas,” thus ending class.
- Retesting is not designed for students who did not study or for those who ask to retest before beginning the original test. Only students who have demonstrated continuous and sincere effort to learn the material in class should ask to retest. You may retake one test per term, within 10 days of the return of the original test if you have attended at least one 30-minute reteach session, redoing all work and/or completing additional study material. There will be no retest on open-note/book tests.
- Tutoring and re-teaching/retesting is available after school. You must make an appointment with me beforehand.
- Please use your InformationNOW. I will not look up information in INow for you during class.
School Rules: Class Rules:
- Be on time. Raise your hand to speak.
- Be on task. Remain in your desk at all times. Ask for permission to move in Spanish.
- Be respectful. Listen and think.
- Be Biloxi’s Best. Food, drinks, candy, gum, etc. are not permitted.
If a student chooses to break a rule:
- Warning to student / Conference with student.
- Parent contact and 15 minutes after school detention.
- Parent contact and 30 minutes after school detention.
- Referral to office.
*Severe disruptions will be referred to the office.
Gracias. ¡Vamos a tener un buen año! I am certain that we will have a very successful year.
Sra. Jill Necaise